How did you find me? How did you find the other bloggers you enjoy reading? Likely, it was some random click-thru from another blog or a Google search (ghost penis, anyone?), but for a lot of others, it was a list, a type of directory.
Rori of Between My Sheets started throwing a list together 7 years ago and today it’s a reader-driven mega-compilation (side note: she’s looking to hire a Virtual Assistant!). I can’t imagine how many hours this woman must spend reading every blog and trying to get a sense of its energy — purely mind-boggling — and this year, nominations have just opened up to start the list-making all over again! My hat really goes off to her to even think of tackling this kind of project. I’m pretty sure I’d curl up and just go to sleep for a month!
However, I’m so glad she puts forth the effort for I’ve found several wonderful blogs over the past two years I’ve been blogging and perhaps you will, too. The rules are simple. Here they are in Rori’s words:
- 1. No nominating yourself! I encourage your to tell your readers and social followers so they can nominate you. Click here to easily tweet that nominations are open. (Note: You don’t have to be a sex blogger yourself to nominate people.)
- 2. Each nomination should include the blog url. I don’t know everyone, and some bloggers have the same names.
- 3. Blog content can be anything sex related – erotica, sex education, sex news, sexy images, etc. Nothing illegal, obviously.
- 4. The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password.
- 5. The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least Jan. 1, 2014 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else.
- 6. You can nominate as many bloggers as you like, but please try to limit to your very favorites.
- 7. The blog must be active, which means that the blogger posts at least once every week or so. When I judge, any blog with no posts in the last 45 days will be eliminated.
- 8. A few blogs have been retired! See the sidebar (These are her past winners.)
- Nominations close on October 27
Click here to nominate your favorite blogs!
Of course this kind of post wouldn’t be complete without me humbly asking for a nomination to land somewhere on Rori’s Top Sex Bloggers List. — Ack, I hate this part! — But, there it is, Internet Boyfriend. I’m asking. Humbly. Please take a minute to nominate me.
Not to be left out, Kinkly is making its own list of what they’re calling “Superheroes” in the Sex Blogging world. It’s yet another great way to expand your reading list with a whole bunch of bloggers even I’ve never heard of (not that I’ve heard of them all, but you get my drift).
And this is where I ask you again to nominate me for some thing or another, only all you have to do is click on this link and then on the Vote button. Easy, peasy. Also, here’s a link to everyone else you can vote on currently in their directory.
Thank you to everyone who comes by and reads my words. I work hard to put smart, sexy, interesting stuff up here and never really feel like I know what I’m doing. Landing on either of these lists won’t prove that I do, but I sure would be tickled nonetheless.